Darjeeling Himalaya Organic Black Teabags by Mariage Frères
This product is currently sold out.
Grown at almost 7,000 ft, this second flush (summer picked) tea is grown in the foothills of the world's tallest mountains. This tea comes from a Jardin Premier+ tea garden, which meets the strict European tea purity standards. The high elevation creates complex notes of chestnut and hazelnut.
The gold-foil lined signature black Mariage box holds 30 hand-tied cotton (muslin) teabags.
Jardin Premier+ means this tea is rigorously analyzed and checked to ensure compliance with European regulation (EC) No. 396/2005. The label Jardin Premier is reserved for teas whose exceptional purity meets the strict European regulation (ED) No. 834/2007.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
1 tea bag per 8 oz of water, 195°F, 3.5 min
- The perfect afternoon tea.
- We recommend drinking this complex tea without milk.
- Darjeeling tea gardens have both First Flush (Spring picked), and Second Flush (Summer picked) teas. What's interesting is that these two black teas have distinctively different colors. First Flush tea has greenish-brown tea leaves, while Second Flush tea is brown. The difference relates to the unique processing steps of each Flush.
- Sweet and fruit breads
- Fruit cake
- Pork or chicken cooked with apricot or peaches
- Cinnamon or vanilla-cream pastries or desserts
Ingredients: India, Organic Darjeeling Second Flush black tea: 100%