Mono Filio Teapot, 50 oz
This product is currently sold out.
Why is this our favorite teapot? Because it combines form and function. Designed by Tassilo von Grolman, this teapot doesn't just have a pretty face. The sizable infuser allows the largest tea leaves to unfold completely, which yields the most flavorful cup.
The generously sized teapot makes 50 oz of tea. Free shipping and gift wrapping are included with this unit. And to demonstrate the versatility of the Mono Filio Teapot, we have included a flavorful sampling of five different tea and infusion types:
- White Tea: Silver Needles (Yin Zhen): one of the most prized and expensive white teas.
- Green Tea: Kukicha, an incredibly delicious and healthful lightly steamed Japanese green tea.
- Oolong Tea: Amber Goddess -our traditional Ti Kuan Yin, finds that delightful balance, but also surprises with floral complexity and unparalleled smoothness.
- Black Tea: Marco Polo by Mariage Frères - one of the most iconic and admired flavored black teas in the world!
- Herbal Infusion: Métis by Mariage Frères - our favorite caffeine-free rooibos flavored with dried black currants, rose hips, hibiscus, and Madagascar vanilla.
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- High grade 18/10 stainless steel is used for the tea set, lid and sieve, and heat resistant borosilicate glass for the bowls.
- The infuser is almost as large as the teapot. This ensures that you can make flavorful tea whether you're making one cup or ten.
- Borosilicate glass is a strong material used in laboratories and kitchens due to its resistance to thermal expansion and shock. German inventor Otto Schott developed the first borosilicate glass in 1893 by adding boric oxide to the traditional glassmaker's recipe of silicate sand, soda and ground lime.