Hand-Made Green Stoneware Oblong Basket -NEW!
This product is currently sold out
This one-of-a-kind stoneware tea basket is by artist Ginny Marsh. Inspired by the artistic aesthetic of Wabi-Sabi, finding beauty in imperfection, Ginny's inspiration for this bowl is cooling lava rich with peridotite. The graceful reed handle adds additional texture to this work of art!
Read more about Ginny Marsh in the D Magazine article: "Imperfect" Bowls are the Perfect Vessels for Matcha"
To learn more about the concept of Wabi-Sabi, go to the TEDxSMU talk by Kyle Stewart, Co-Owner of The Cultured Cup:
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Made by artist Ginny Marsh, this Japanese-style wabi-sabi basket is 6.5" x 5.25" x 3.0" High. Including the reed handle, the basket is 8.75" High.
- In Japan, these bowls reflect materials in the natural world and how they change from season to season and over time.
- The variety of colors, textures, and patterns in this basket create an endless variety of visual and tactile adventures.
- In Japan, wabi-sabi tea bowls that are not used are said "to have died"
- As the tea bowl is used, it will change by developing patina - similar to what happens to wood or copper in nature
- In Japan, tea bowls are passed from generation to generation