Kirishima Cha Organic Green Tea by Mariage Frères -NEW!
This variant is currently sold out.
Harvested from a small organic garden located on the slopes of Mount Kirishima in Japan's southernmost prefecture Kagoshima. This highly-prized green tea is carefully twisted lengthwise and has notes of ripe kiwi, violet, and a hint of honey.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
- 1.5-2 heaping tsp per 8 oz of water, 160°F, 1.5–2 min (can steep multiple times)
- Grown on the southwestern Japanese island of Kagoshima near the city of Kirishima.
- The small, organic tea garden is situated at an elevation of 5,100 ft and produces some of the best quality teas in all of Japan.
- This Kukicha is comprised equally of tea leaves and white tea stems, and those stems do not contain caffeine. As a result, this tea has about half the caffeine of a tea containing 100% green tea leaves.
- Fresh fish
- Steamed green beans, fresh peas, artichokes or edamame
- Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Dark chocolate truffles or any chocolate dessert
Japan, Kagoshima Prefecture green tea leaves: 100%