Aztec Chocolate Pu'er
This variant is currently sold out
A tea fit for Montezuma himself! Brimming with dark chocolate, chili powder, cardamom, and ginger, this full-bodied dark and black tea blend pairs perfectly with spicy Mexican food or any chocolate dessert.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
1.5 tsp per 8 oz of water, 212°F, 5 min. This tea can be steeped more than once, but the chocolate note is most prominent in the first infusion.
- This tea is both calming and indescribably delicious. The rich and earthy harmony of chocolate and tea flavors, as well as the naturally velvety mouthfeel, only enhance the dessert-like experience!
- Pu'er, being a dark tea, may be an incredibly healthy drink. Dark tea is the only category of tea that undergoes microbial fermentation, which produces statins, an ingredient thought to reduce anxiety.
- Statins are used in many blood pressure lowering medicines, and a key component of most cholesterol-reducing medicines.
- The Chinese have long touted the healthy qualities of pu'er, most commonly enjoying it after meals. Try this tea after a big meal, and you'll notice it's the perfect finale for a feast!
- Chocolate, cinnamon or cream breakfast pastries
- Chocolate croissants
- Mexican mole
- Spicy Indian or Mexican cuisine
- Dark chocolate truffles or any chocolate or vanilla-based dessert
- Any tea time sweet sandwich or dessert
- Chocolate-covered strawberries
- Mexican flan
- Vanilla bean or coconut ice cream
China, Yunnan Province dark tea, dark chocolate bits (cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, natural vanilla), natural and artificial flavor