Tea Strainer, Leaf Design in Pewter, Black Metal Stand
This product is currently sold out.
This tea strainer is one of the most beautiful and unusual that we've found. The leaf-shaped silvery pewter strainer sits on a textured black metal tree trunk with a contrasting silver and gold snail. This exquisite tea strainer is a conversation piece.
Includes a sample of our incredibly delicious Silver Summit green tea.
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- This pewter leaf tea strainer is hammered and the leaf's stem becomes a convenient handle. The silver snail with a bright gold circular shell provides contrast against the tree trunk's black textured surface.
- Tiny holes in the strainer prevent the smallest tea leaves from entering your teacup.
- The textured and irregular black trunk is a convenient stand to display the silvery leaf infuser.
- The leaf tea strainer is 3.5" wide x 5.5" long and the black tree trunk stand is 2.0" wide and 2.75" tall.
- Hand-wash only with a soft cloth and dry completely.
- There is a big difference between a tea strainer and a tea infuser. Unlike a tea infuser, a tea strainer does not steep your tea, but, when placed on a cup, prevents tea leaves from entering your cup.
- A tea infuser goes into the cup, steeps the tea, and when removed, separates the tea leaves from your tea!
- The first tea strainer was made in China from bamboo. After the Dutch first brought tea to Europe in the mid-17th Century, tea was considered a beverage luxury and tea strainers made out of silver became popular with wealthy Europeans!