Tea Strainer, Leaf Design in Pewter, Black Metal Stand -NEW!
This product is currently sold out.
This tea strainer is one of the most beautiful and unusual that we've found. The leaf-shaped silvery pewter strainer sits on a textured black metal tree trunk with a contrasting silver and gold snail. This exquisite tea strainer is a conversation piece.
Includes a sample of our incredibly delicious Silver Summit green tea.
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- This pewter leaf tea strainer is hammered and the leaf's stem becomes a convenient handle. The silver snail with a bright gold circular shell provides contrast against the tree trunk's black textured surface.
- Tiny holes in the strainer prevent the smallest tea leaves from entering your teacup.
- The textured and irregular black trunk is a convenient stand to display the silvery leaf infuser.
- The leaf tea strainer is 3.5" wide x 5.5" long and the black tree trunk stand is 2.0" wide and 2.75" tall.
- Hand-wash only with a soft cloth and dry completely.
- There is a big difference between a tea strainer and a tea infuser. Unlike a tea infuser, a tea strainer does not steep your tea, but, when placed on a cup, prevents tea leaves from entering your cup.
- A tea infuser goes into the cup, steeps the tea, and when removed, separates the tea leaves from your tea!
- The first tea strainer was made in China from bamboo. After the Dutch first brought tea to Europe in the mid-17th Century, tea was considered a beverage luxury and tea strainers made out of silver became popular with wealthy Europeans!