This variant is currently sold out
This organic Ceylon tea is sourced directly from the Galaboda Tea Estate in Sri Lanka. The tea's name refers to the "teardrop" shape of the island nation. The careful plucking of only the youngest tea leaves yields complexity in the cup. Best enjoyed without milk.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
1 heaping tsp per 8 oz of water, 212°F, 4-5 min
- This tea is "tippy," which means that the youngest, most flavorful tea leaves are plucked.
- This flavorful and balanced Ceylon (Sri Lankan) black tea is a low-elevation grown tea with surprising complexity
- This tea has a light body, but has finesse and complexity
- Best enjoyed without milk.
Almost all the tea from the island nation of Sri Lanka is hand-plucked
- Huevos rancheros eggs
- Fresh sliced tomatoes
- Mac and cheese
- Pasta with red sauce
- Toasted cheese sandwiches
- Hamburgers or sliders
- Sausage or pepperoni pizza or Calzones
- Pork or red meat
- Cream or chocolate-based desserts
Sri Lanka black tea: 100%