Aztec Love Potion
This variant is currently sold out
During warm weather months, Aztec Love Potion are only available as In-Store Pickup items. The Cultured Cup does not recommend shipping chocolate items during this time.
Revel in the luxurious blend of spices and chilies we added to our signature drinking chocolate. So rich and exotic it’s like falling in love.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
Whisk 4 TBLS into 8 oz simmering hot water or your choice of dairy (or non-dairy) milk or cream.
- A heady blend of cinnamon dusted Venezuelan chocolate with ancho and pasilla chilies makes this a sumptuous love potion worthy of the ancient Aztecs
- We added enough chili to warm your passions without setting your mouth on fire
- Our customers compare our drinking chocolate to melting the most decadent chocolate truffle and drinking it from a cup--smooth as can be!
- Comes in 4, 8, and 16 oz packages with instructions included
- The name chocolate comes from the Aztec word xocolātl meaning "bitter water"
- One Aztec legend suggests the god Quetzalcoatl was banished by the other gods for sharing the secret of chocolate with humans
- The conquistador Bernal Díaz del Castillo described King Moctezuma II being served foaming cacao in cups of gold and noted that chocolate was used by Aztec men for “success with women”
- Chocolate contains phenyl ethylamine, a brain chemical released when a person experiences attraction
- Some studies claim eating chocolate raises levels of oxytocin - known as the cuddle chemical
- French toast
- Triple crème cheese
- Tres Leches cake
- Cinnamon and coconut ice cream
- Indian rice pudding
- Any vanilla cream dessert
- Any fruit flavored liqueur
- Pan dulce (sweet bread)
- Sweet empanadas
- Cheese cake
- Fresh fruits such as raspberries, strawberries, black berries, bing cherries, fresh figs, mangoes
Cocoa solids: 68% Venezuelan cocoa powder (Dutch-process with alkali) cane sugar, ancho & pasilla chilies, cinnamon and soy lecithin. NOTE: May contain traces of nuts, including peanuts.