Tokyo Drift Tea Cocktail
This drink is citrusy, floral, and just the right amount of sweet!
Recipe is for 1 drink.
- 4 oz of cooled double strength* Tokyo Breakfast black tea by Mariage Frères
- 1 oz Japanese Gin (We used 135 East Hyogo)
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- yuzu or lemon for garnish (optional)
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add tea, gin, and simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously and serve up in a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a slice or ribbon of citrus peel.
*To make a double strength tea use double the amount of tea leaves and steep for 5 min. Ex. for a single serving- steep 3 grams (about 1.5 tsp.) of tea in 4 oz of just-off boiling water.
To make a simple syrup combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil and stir occasionally until all the sugar is completely melted. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
Recipe was created for the Cultured Cup by Greg Duke
Copyright The Cultured Cup