Peach Infused Simple Syrup
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup filtered or bottled water
- 2 ripe peaches (thinly sliced)
- . Bring sugar, water, & peaches to a rolling boil in a small saucepan. Lower the heat and using a wooden spoon stir and crush the peaches to infuse the flavor
- . When the sugar has dissolved completely, remove from heat, cover and allow to sit for 30-40 minutes.
- . Ensure the syrup is cooled completely. Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- . The syrup will keep in a tightly sealed contained for up to a month in the refrigerator.
- . Use the syrup in cocktails, to sweeten peach ice tea, over vanilla ice-cream, yogurt, or oatmeal.
Developed for the Cultured Cup by Shamilla Yeary. Copyright The Cultured Cup