Iced Orange Coffee
This is a great coffee drink for a spring brunch. It may be surprising, but coffee and orange are a perfect pairing! You can customize this recipe by adding cocoa powder for a zesty mocha or a bit of foamed milk or milk alternative for an extra treat. Spruce up your start to the morning!
Ingredients (for 1 person)
- 2oz espresso or strong brewed coffee (if you want it extra citrusy, use our Café Orange)
- 2oz orange Juice
- 1.5 teaspoon cocoa powder (optional)
- milk or alternative (optional)
- orange wedge and/or rosemary for garnish (optional
- Brew an espresso or double-strength coffee.
- If using cocoa powder, mix thoroughly into the coffee while it is hot.* Let coffee cool, or you can use a cocktail shaker filled with ice right before serving.
- If using, froth your milk or alternative. If possible- use a cold frothing setting.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour the orange juice over the ice.
- Pour the coffee and cocoa mixture carefully over the backside of the spoon into the glass to make sure the espresso does not mix with the rest of the liquid. This will create an attractive layered effect.
- Top with frothed milk and garnish if desired.
- Enjoy your picturesque coffee!
* To make sure the cocoa powder is fully incorporated you can use a frother or make a thick paste with the powder and a little coffee first. Then add the rest of the coffee liquid and stir vigorously.