Fall Spiced Hibiscus Cocktail
Sometimes these fall days are warmer than you'd like, but you are still craving those delicious fall spices. This drink is for you! A beautiful hibiscus tea drink with familiar autumn spices and a deep red color served cold.
- 1 oz spiced hibiscus syrup (recipe below)
- 2 oz whiskey*
- ¼ oz maraschino liqueur
- optional: cinnamon stick
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all the ingredients and shake.
- Pour through a strainer into a coupe or other glass.
- Optional: Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- In a saucepan, add 1cup of water, 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 tsp. cloves, and 2 tbsp. Hibiscus Ruby Red tea leaves. Simmer for 10 minutes, Remove from heat.
- Remove solids from liquid with a strainer.
- Add liquid and 1 cup of sugar to the saucepan .
- Bring to a simmer and stir occasionally until all sugar has completely melted.
- Allow to cool and store in airtight container up to 1 month.
*Use cranberry juice or no sugar added apple cider and omit the liqueur for a alcohol free cocktail.
Copyright The Cultured Cup